Aaaah Nakd bars, the chewy bars of joy found in most supermarkets. However, at 70p a bar, it was quickly becoming an out of control spending problem, especially when I used to eat two a day...every day..you do the maths!
Whilst looking at the back of a packet one day, I decided that I would try to make them myself as a cheaper alternative, and they haven't disappointed!
All you will need is..
- Two cups of dates
-1.5 cups of chashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Small dash of milk
Not exactly an extensive list, hey?
To make these little bars of sheer joy you will need to...
1. Line a tin with clingfilm and put to one side
2. Using a blender, blend together the dates, cashew nuts, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. You may need to do this in small batches depending on the size of your blender! We only have a small one so it took several small batches!
3. Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl. If the mixture is a bit too powdery then add a dash of milk to the mixture until it takes on a close texture and is easily mouldable.
4. Transfer the mixture to the tin and press it flat so it's all even.
5. Place in the fridge for at least half an hour and then slice up!
I'll be keeping my Nakd bars in the fridge so that they're a perfect temperature when I have them with a cup of tea!